Friday 12 August 2016

DAILY SUN

AN HOUR AGO
TSOTSI MAID CHANCER!
    Selina Msimango from Meadowlands, Soweto, said her domestic worker stole from her and then went to work two houses away. Photo by Lucky Morajane  ~ 
    SELINA couldn’t understand why her domestic worker didn’t come back to work. 
    But when she discovered that all her valuables had been taken, she knew she had been robbed. Then the strangest thing happened. 
    THE DOMESTIC WORKER TOOK A JOB ONLY TWO DOORS AWAY! 
    She took all her clothes and other valuables and vanished. Selina was devastated and thought she would never catch the woman.
    But to her surpise, after a couple of days, she was found working – for a family just down the road from the house where she had stolen!
    Selina Msimango (56) from Meadowlands, Soweto was walking down the road from her house when she spotted the domestic worker in a yard a few houses down. And to make matters worse – she was wearing some of Selina’s expensive clothes!
    No one knows what made the domestic think she wouldn’t get caught, but one thing is certain – the new employer fired her as she was led away in handcuffs to be locked up and charged with theft.
    She said her domestic worker had worked for her for more than a year, looking after her sick husband. 
    After her husband died in January, the woman carried on working for her 
    “She was a sweet woman and I trusted her completely,” said Selina.
    But last weekend the domestic servant was not at the house and she phoned her. The worker said she was at a party at a friend’s house nearby, but she never came back.
    “I waited for her to come back but she didn’t. When I looked in my cupboards they were empty, and I went to report the matter to the police.”
    But on Tuesday Selina found out the woman was working for another family two houses away. 
    “I went to the police station and reported her to the investigating officer. The police came to my neighbour’s house and she was arrested.”
    She said the woman confessed in front of cops and her new employers that she had stolen clothes and other valuables. 
    “She asked for forgiveness and told me she would work to pay back the money for the stolen items.”
    Selina said the suspect took her expensive shoes and clothes belonging to her and her late husband. “I asked her where my clothes were but she couldn’t tell me.
    “I wanted to forgive her but she couldn’t say what she had done with the missing goods.”
    Selina said she helped the worker to find other piece jobs, especially after her husband died. “She was like my daughter. I used to give her what she asked me. But I have learnt the hard way not to trust anybody.” 
    Gauteng provincial spokesman Captain Kay Makhubela confirmed that a case of theft was opened at Meadowlands Police Station. The suspect will appear in court soon. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment